- 1 How do you unlock a car door without a key?
- 2 Can you really open a car door with a tennis ball?
- 3 How can I break into my car?
- 4 How do you unlock a door with a screwdriver?
- 5 How do you unlock a car door with a bobby pin?
- 6 How do you unlock a car door with a knife?
- 7 Is there an app that can unlock your car?
How do you unlock a car door without a key?
Bright Side found a few workarounds to help you get back in when you’re locked out.
- Method #1: Use a tennis ball.
- Method #2: Use your shoelace.
- Method #3: Use a coat hanger.
- Method #4: Use a rod and a screwdriver.
- Method #5: Use a spatula.
- Method #6: Use an inflatable wedge.
- Method #7: Use a strip of plastic.
Can you really open a car door with a tennis ball?
The process is simple. Burn a hole in the tennis ball. Next, press (or smash) as hard as you can, and the air pressure from inside the ball will travel through the keyhole and forces the locking mechanism inside the car door to unlock.
How can I break into my car?
Here are the steps on how to do that:
- Find a suitable “Slim Jim” tool.
- Insert into the door.
- Use the hook to open the lock.
- Open the trunk and find access to the interior.
- Crawl through the interior and manually unlock the door.
- Broken Keys.
- Locked Out.
- Lost Key.
How do you unlock a door with a screwdriver?
Another great tool to use is a screwdriver. A small or thin screwdriver will work best on interior doors or doors with privacy handles. Simply push the screwdriver into the hole on the doorknob straight through for as far as you can. Then, turn or twist the screwdriver until the lock opens.
How do you unlock a car door with a bobby pin?
Open up a bobby pin and bend it at a 90-degree angle. Spread the wavy and straight ends of the bobby pin apart so that it bends at the center and looks like an L. This bobby pin will serve as the pick that you’ll use to unlock the door.
How do you unlock a car door with a knife?
Take your knife, and at the exact height of the doorknob, insert it between the crack of the door and the doorframe. Probe around until you feel a hunk of metal extruding out of the door—this is the latch, and it should feel springy! Leverage your knife and push the latch into the door.
Is there an app that can unlock your car?
The myChevrolet App can also be used to unlock your car keys if you’re in a bind. The mobile command center transforms your mobile device into a makeshift remote key fob, allowing you to remote start, stop, lock, unlock, and even activate the horn on your vehicle. Download the myChevrolet App on Apple iOS or Android.