- 1 Which one of these signs mean that drivers should keep to the right?
- 2 What does keep right of divider mean?
- 3 How do I know if there’s something wrong with my car?
- 4 What does a car with a lock mean on my dashboard?
- 5 What are the 4 types of road signs?
- 6 What are the 8 basic shapes of signs?
- 7 What are the colors of warning signs?
- 8 What are examples of regulatory signs?
- 9 What is keeping to the right?
- 10 How do I run a diagnostic test on my car?
- 11 How do you diagnose car engine problems?
- 12 How do I know if my car is in anti-theft mode?
- 13 What triggers the anti-theft system in car?
- 14 How do I reset the security system on my car?
Which one of these signs mean that drivers should keep to the right?
Keep right signs are used in locations where the driver must pass only on the right of a roadway feature or obstruction. The sign will be posted ahead of the obstacle, in order to warn the driver of a traffic island, obstruction or median ahead. Drivers who encounter this sign should keep to the right.
What does keep right of divider mean?
A Keep Right of Divider sign warns drivers that they will be approaching a traffic island or highway divider up ahead. When drivers see a Keep Right of Divider sign they know to be prepared to keep to the right side of the road.
How do I know if there’s something wrong with my car?
In order to help you do just that, here are four warning signs that something is wrong with your vehicle.
- Your Check Engine Light Is Flashing.
- Your Car Jerks When Shifting Gears.
- You Hear Strange Noises While Driving.
- You See Smoke Under the Hood or White Smoke From the Exhaust.
What does a car with a lock mean on my dashboard?
The lock and car symbol and warning light you are seeing is saying that the anti-theft system has been activated. If the anti-theft system is stopping the vehicle from wanting to start, it may be contributing to the starting issues. The first thing you should do is try to deactivate the security system.
What are the 4 types of road signs?
Types of Traffic Control Signs
- Regulatory Signs. Regulatory signs are most commonly in black and white or in red and white.
- Warning Signs.
- Guide Signs.
- Information Signs.
- Construction Signs.
- Service and Attraction Signs.
What are the 8 basic shapes of signs?
What are the meanings of the eight shapes of signs: octagon, triangle, vertical rectangle, pentagon, round, pennant, diamond, horizontal rectangle? Octagon -> Stop.
What are the colors of warning signs?
What are the colors of warning signs indicating upcoming hazards? Warning signs that indicate approaching hazards are usually yellow with black lettering or symbols. Warning signs in work zones are orange with black lettering or symbols.
What are examples of regulatory signs?
Examples of popular regulatory road signs include STOP signs, GIVE WAY signs and speed restriction signs (speed limit signs recognised as a black number in a red circle).
What is keeping to the right?
– When behind a vehicle that has stopped to let a pedestrian cross. What does “keeping to the right” mean? Drivers must keep to the right except when passing. Motorists must drive on the right half of the roadway unless driving on a one-way street.
How do I run a diagnostic test on my car?
Read the Car Code(s)
- Turn on the diagnostic tool. Basic tools should have a simple power button somewhere on the unit.
- Access the diagnostic scanner. Some scanners will automatically start to read the car codes once powered on.
- Record the data.
- Optional: Clear the codes.
How do you diagnose car engine problems?
Check your piston rings and see if they look worn. Inspect your intake and exhaust valves and make sure they are sealed properly. You may even have a hole in one of your cylinders. No Spark – If your engine won’t start or spark, one cause may be a bad spark plug or a bad spark plug wire.
How do I know if my car is in anti-theft mode?
If the security or anti-theft light is flashing when you attempt to start your car, and the engine does not crank or does not start, you have an anti-theft problem. The system may not be recognizing your key or keyless entry signal, or there may be a fault in the anti-theft module, keyless entry system or wiring.
What triggers the anti-theft system in car?
The anti-theft system on a car might activate if you have a dead key fob battery and the system hasn’t been disabled. Check to be sure that the battery on your key fob is installed correctly. Many vehicles have a valet door or key that performs only functions such as unlocking doors.
How do I reset the security system on my car?
Cycle the key in the ignition from the “Off” position to the “On” position twice in a row. The alarm will emit a chirping sound after turning the ignition to the “On” position the second time. This will reset the alarm, making it ready for reprogramming (if necessary).